[Ontbirds]Re: Ganaraska Forest Finches and Others

Scott Connop turaco at ebtech.net
Sat Jul 28 15:26:37 EDT 2007

With respect to Mr. Walters very helpful note on Ganaraska birds, I would like to caution anyone about making unsubstantiated statements about tape/sound use. First of all, playback use should not be necessary because of the species involved and time of year and I always advise birders to avoid using sound unless there is a compelling reason that is more in the bird's interest than disturbance by " conventional " methods. If anyone would like further information on this subject, I have prepared several articles for international magazines on the subject. Please respond off list at turaco at ebtech.net

Scott