[Ontbirds]Migrant Upland Sandpipers over Brighton

Doug McRae rdmcrae at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 29 09:08:19 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I just saw two Upland Sandpipers flying over my yard in north
Brighton - my first in 14 years at this house.  They were flying over
about 200 feet up at 8:30 a.m., calling back and forth occasionally,
and in general were doing slow circular loops overhead, all the while
heading NE.  This species is, in my opinion, quite rare in the
Brighton area and is only very infrequently seen during migration -
usually like this, a lucky fly-over.

Cheers,

Doug McRae

Doug McRae Nature Services