[Ontbirds]sightings at Grand Bend

shay redmond shayredmond at rogers.com
Tue Jul 31 05:02:09 EDT 2007

 :Hi Birders I am posting this report for Tom Hayman.
 Wonder if you could put this report on Ontbirds for me.
: - At
about 7pm this evening - July 30th - we noted a sandhill crane flying south
low overhead as we sat on the lawn of our lakefront cottage just north of
Grand Bend. It was an adult bird. Although they have been reported in the
area before, this is the first time that we have spotted one from the
cottage,  for our cottage yard list which now stands at something over 230.
( Among birds included on this list are western and Clarke's grebe).Thought
it might be interesting to some birders.