[Ontbirds]lots of migrants still in the north

The Murphy's birdboy at ntl.sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 29 23:15:30 EDT 2007

Greetings birders just to let everyone know The Hilliardton Marsh bird
Wetland research and Education Center has recently been banding a
significant amount of warblers that are still in the north including very
late yellow warblers.  Nashville Tennessee Redstarts  Wilson’s  yellow rumps
and both Philadelphia and red eyed vireo’s are still present in good numbers
as well lots of shorebirds still call the marsh their home including Bairds
sandpipers, least’s and lots of greater yellowlegs.  From the number of
recaptured song birds I get the feeling the big push may be a couple of
weeks away as the birds seem to be staying put. If anyone is interested in
hearing more from north eastern Ontario please let me know and I will keep
you updated. We were quite excited yesterday to see an immature bald eagle.
Hopefully lots of exciting news from the marsh to come.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
4:29 PM