[Ontbirds] Hilliardton marsh Bird wetland research and education center migrants and location

The Murphy's birdboy at ntl.sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 31 17:25:11 EDT 2007

Greetings birders sorry I forgot to put our location in my last posting.
The Hilliardton marsh BWREC is  located about 15 minutes from the town of
NewLiskeard which is about 2 hours north of North Bay.  We monitor the
migration by mist netting and banding birds. Today we had a significant
movement of Tennessee warblers. This spring we captured 7 and today we
captured 7 in one net check and managed to band 12 in the day. Anyone
wishing more information about our operation is encouraged to contact me and
I can supply you with a more detailed list of the species we are capturing
which may shed some light on when these migrants may arrive in greater
numbers in the south. Perhaps of interest we only banded 1 American redstart
today which were far more numerous a couple of weeks ago.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
4:29 PM