[Ontbirds]Juvenile Western Sandpiper - Toronto

Jean Iron jeaniron at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 12 17:56:40 EDT 2007

Hi Ontbirders,

This afternoon, Bruce Falls and I found a juvenile Western Sandpiper
on the mudflats at the mouth of the Rouge River in Toronto It was
with about 20 juvenile Semipalmated Sandpipers and 12 juvenile
Leasts. We also saw 13 juvenile Stilt Sandpipers. 15 Rusty Blackbirds
were very close on the mud.

Directions: Exit 401 at Whites Road south to Granite, right turn then
left onto Rosebank. At end of Rosebank, do not cross railroad tracks,
but turn right then almost immediately left onto Dyson. At end of
Dyson, turn and park only on right side. Take trail downhill and
across bridge over Rouge. Mudflats on your right. Or exit 401 onto
Port Union Road south to Lawrence. Left turn and continue into Rouge
Beach Park. Mudflats on your left.

Good birding,

Jean

Jean Iron