[Ontbirds]Cooper's Hawk carrying nesting material - Ajax

Geoff - Birds avocet at rogers.com
Mon Oct 1 08:09:34 EDT 2007

October 1, 2007 - I watched a female Cooper's Hawk carrying nesting material through my yard in Ajax to the general area where she nested in previous summers and to where I think she nested this year. What was she up to? Perhaps she was repairing the nest for use as a winter roost or more likely she was repairing it to use as a feeding base for this winter's hunting successes. I guess my Cardinals had better be on the lookout!

Geoff Carpentier
Ajax, Ontario