[Ontbirds] Ottawa: G.W.F.Goose, Cackling Goose, L.B.B. Gull & L.B. Dowitcher

Bruce Di Labio bruce.dilabio at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 2 14:40:13 EDT 2007

Hello Everyone
    Today, Oct. 2nd, spent 3 hours (10:30/1:30) birding the Moodie Drive
ponds and surrounding area. The juv. Long-billed Dowitcher was still present
at 12:30pm along with 1 Greater White-fronted Goose, 3 Snow Geese (1 Blue, 2
White), 200+ Ring-necked Duck and 6 Ruddy Ducks. There were over 10,000+
Canada Geese in the area. Had a total of 27 Lesser black-backed Gulls, all
ages, with 14 at one time! This is a record high for me in the Ottawa area.
There was a Cackling Goose and 2 Snow Geese (white) along Eagleson Road just
south of Rushmore Rd. If you require additional information, please email me
privately.
                                                    good birding, Bruce

DIRECTIONS (from downtown Ottawa): Take Hwy 417 west to Hwy 416.  South on
the 416 to exit 66 (Fallowfield Rd.) Right (west) on Fallowfield to Moodie
Dr.  Left (south) on Moodie, go past Trail Rd. on your left and Cambrian Rd.
on your right until you come to a very large sand & gravel operation on the
left (east) side of the road. ***PLEASE NOTE*** -  do NOT cross the gate to
the sand & gravel operation.  This is private property, and most of the
birds can be well-viewed from the road. (courtesy Chris Lewis)

 Bruce Di Labio
400 Donald B. Munro Drive
P.O.Box 538
Carp,Ontario,K0A 1L0