[Ontbirds]Ottawa: Red-throated Loon, Black Scoter & migrants

Bruce Di Labio bruce.dilabio at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 7 15:28:00 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone
    Spent the morning birding along the Ottawa River from Deschenes Rapids
to Shirley's Bay. There was an good movement of Canada Geese with over 200+
flocks counted in 2 hour heading south plus 2 adult Peregrines. Off Dick
Bell Park I observed 1 Red-throated Loon, 17 male Black Scoter, 62 male
White-winged Scoter, 12 male Surf Scoter and 4 Long-tailed Duck.
    At Britannia/Mud Lake there was 1 Orange-crowned Warbler along the
"ridge".
                                                        good birding, Bruce

Directions: Dick Bell Park/Andrew Hayden Park: From Ottawa take Hwy. 417
west, turn north on Bayshore Drive, continue to Carling Ave. Turn left
(west) on
Carling Ave. Proceed along Carling Ave. and watch for Andrew Haydon Park
 on your right, entrance at Holly Acres or continue west along Carling Ave.
to Dick Bell Park. If you require additional information, please email me
privately.

Bruce Di Labio
400 Donald B. Munro Drive
P.O.Box 538