[Ontbirds] U of Guelph Arboretum Bird Workshops and Rockwood Peregrine

Chris Earley cearley at uoguelph.ca
Tue Oct 9 10:36:36 EDT 2007

Message approved by Mark.

Hi, Everyone,

There are a few Arboretum, University of Guelph, bird workshops coming
up that I thought some of you might be interested in.

Gull Workshop - Nov. 16, 2007, 9am - 4pm and tour to Niagara on Nov. 17
Owl Workshop - Jan. 25, 2008, 9am - 4pm and tour 6 - 8pm
Duck Workshop - March 28, 2008, 9am - 4pm

Please call Bev Healy at 519-824-4120 ext. 52358 to preregister.  As
well, go to www.uoguelph.ca/arboretum to see our full line-up of
workshops and programs with complete course descriptions or to get on
our seasonal program mailing list.

As for sightings, I had a Peregrine Falcon fly over my backyard airspace
in Rockwood (north of Guelph) yesterday - first time I've ever seen a
peregrine in that area.  It was heading south, so I doubt it will
return, but it was fun while it lasted (about 2 seconds...).

Happy fall birding!

Cheers, Chris   :)

--
Chris Earley
Interpretive Biologist / Education Coordinator
e-mail:  cearley at uoguelph.ca
website: www.uoguelph.ca/arboretum

"The chief aim of interpretation is not instruction, but provocation."
                                                  - Freeman Tilden