[Ontbirds]birds at Rouge Marsh today

Arlene Brazeau bestphotographer at rogers.com
Sun Oct 14 16:55:23 EDT 2007

Lots of activity at Rouge today. Unfortunately I am not the best to report because I am not good on shorebirds. Nevertheless here goes. At least 14 black crowned night herons, several great blue herons, several pairs of wood ducks, the usual mallards, green wing teal, killdeer,. northern shovelers, grebes, Canada Geese, 1 lonely looking trumpeter swan, lots of male red wings still around, a yellow bellied sapsucker, a sparrow with white tail feathers?, The one bird I went to see, the great egret seems to have left. This Marsh is worth a visit!
Arlene Brazeau

Directions: from 401 or #2 take Port Union south to Lawrence, turn left (east) and follow it to the end -you will be in the Marsh. For those who don't know the Rouge is in Scarborough