[Ontbirds]Redpolls and White-crowned sparrows - Newmarket

Steve steve.mcallister at rogers.com
Tue Nov 27 13:42:33 EST 2007

Having read the many posts about Common Redpolls in the vicinity, we've been
waiting for a visit to our feeders. We've never had them at our feeders in
the 12 years we've been in Newmarket but on Saturday we had our first
Redpoll.  Then today, a flock of around 25-30+ have been visiting the
feeders off and on all morning.  Also getting our first ever White-crowneds
periodically amongst Tree Sparrows, White-Throated and the usual suspects.

We are at the south end of Newmarket, just north of Mulock, west of Bayview.