[Ontbirds]Gyrfalcon Downtown Peterborough

Mike B goshawktalons at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 7 21:51:09 EST 2007

I saw a massive flock of Rock Pigeons going crazy over downtown Peterborough this evening only to see a gray phase gyr launching itself off a massive maple and straight for them. I lost it in the chaos of wings and bodies so can't say forsure if it did catch a late supper. This is my first Gyr since moving to Ontario but have seen over a dozen back home in Saskatchewan so the id was positively a Gyr.

   I saw it take off from Hunter Street and head towards George.

  Mike Blom
  Peterborough, Ontario