[Ontbirds]Semipalmated Plover- Hillman Marsh.

Dean Ware peleeisbirder at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 8 16:23:56 EST 2007

Birders,

 Early this morning (DEC.8/07) I observed a basic Semipalmated Plover Feeding in the now ice covered Hillman Marsh. The Semi-p was in somewhat good shape and was foraging extensively. I do not know exactly what type of food the bird  was feeding on but I did notice it had tried a Stag-horn Sumac seed but dropped it.
 the location of the semi was north east looking out into the marsh from the East Beach Parking lot.
 Reminder:  hunting is until 2pm. no hunting on Sundays.
I suspect this is a very good winter bird as I believe this Semi-p is about a month later than the last record.....   comments  Alan?

Dean Ware
Wheatley ON.
peleeisbirder at hotmail.com