[Ontbirds]Northern Harrier York Region

Jack or Connie Walker jackandconnie at mycybernet.net
Tue Jan 29 09:37:00 EST 2008

Further to Ron Fleming's update, we saw a male Northern Harrier flying
westward across the intersection of Highway 48 & Vivian Rd on Jan 28 while
we were on our way to Keswick to look for Snowy Owls.  We found only one,
near the river west of the white trailer at the south end of Yonge St.  It
was perched on some red flatbed trailers at the west side of the field.  It
was never spooked by the heavy snowmobile traffic just behind.  Also at
least 3 large flocks of Snow Buntings west of Yonge, but nothing mixed in
with them.

Jack & Connie