[Ontbirds]Annoucement - Temporary LIstserve for Ross's Gull

Mark Cranford mark.cranford at rogers.com
Wed Jan 30 06:54:16 EST 2008

Birders

Currently there are a lot of people out there who would to see our most
cooperative Ross's Gull.  Willie D'Anna and I have put together a
disposable email list for posting additional information, requests for
car pooling, exchange of cell numbers, links to photos etc etc.

It is beta and may not work as anticipated. It is wide open, anyone can
post, anyone can read the list on the web. You will have to subscribe to
receive email messages.

The list can be viewed at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ontario_listers/messages>

Messages can be sent to  <"ontario_listers"@yahoogroups.com>

Remember ONTBIRDS as well as other regional lists are still tracking
this bird and need to hear its current status.  This list is only
intended for requests for information and discussion that would flood
the larger lists and its posting guidelines.

A downside of an open list like this that it will generate SPAM (stuff
that rhymes with Niagra). As such the list will be disabled once the
bird is gone.  It may resurface with future birds. But this is an
experiment so feedback is welcome.

--
Mark Cranford
Mississauga, Ont.