[Ontbirds]Ross's Gull - NOT seen Sunday

Willie D'Anna and Betsy Potter dannapotter at roadrunner.com
Sun Feb 3 20:39:45 EST 2008

The Ross's Gull was a no-show for the entire weekend.  There are still lots
of interesting gulls around and I suspect the Ross's Gull is also.  People
have been checking different parts of the river.  2 Little Gulls at the
Whirlpool (Spanish Aero Car), a first-winter Herring X Glausous Gull (aka
"Nelson's Gull") at Adam Beck (the power plants), along with a first-winter
and adult Thayer's Gull, and several Iceland Gulls.

Today, I found a very dark SNOWY OWL on the south side of Rt 18 (Lake Rd up
by Lake Ontario), right at the Wilson-Porter Townline (Niagara County).  So,
if coming from the east, look for the Town of Porter sign; if coming from
the west, look for the Town of Wilson sign.

Lots of Snow Buntings, Horned Larks, and a few Lapland Longspurs on a manure
spread near the corner of Hulbert and Youngstown-Wilson Roads in the Town of
Wilson (reported by Dick Salembier, Jim Pawlicki, and Dave Gordon).

Good birding!
Willie
Willie D'Anna
Betsy Potter