[Ontbirds]Barrow's Goldeneye

William Gilmour ivorybill at rogers.com
Sun Feb 10 18:25:45 EST 2008

Mark Ansell and I birded from Port of Newcastle to Presqu'ile and back again
today. Highlights included a male Barrow's Goldeneye at Presqu'ile from the
lighthouse viewing station. On Lakeshore road running from the Port of
Newcastle to Port Hope we came across numerous flocks of Snow Buntings
(2000) with one Lapland Longspur. On the return trip to the Port of
Newcastle we spotted 6 Greater White-fronted Geese from the marina side of
the road.

Directions: To reach Presqu'ile Provincial Park, follow the signs from
Brighton.
Locations within the Park are shown on a map at the back of a tabloid
that is available at the Park gate. To reach Newcastle, take exit 440 off
the 401, then head south on Mill
Street.

Bill Gilmour