[Ontbirds] snow buntings, horned larks love the Hall's rd. roadside in southwest Wnitby,ON-Mar.6

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Thu Mar 6 14:11:17 EST 2008

2 small flocks, totalling over 30 Horned Larks and 10+ Snow Buntings, were very active in the snow-covered fields and the salted roadside of Hall's Rd. on Thursday, Mar.6, in the noonhour.
Near the platform at the end of the south pathway there were 2 Song Sparrows, 1 Swamp Sparrow, many American Tree Sparows, several Dark-eyed Juncos, 2 House Finches, 3 White-breasted Nuthatches and 1 Red-winged Blackbird. Overhead I detected a Red-tailed Hawk and a Northern Harrier.
Recently there have been 3 male Wild Turkeys feeding at the entry to the north pathway.

>From the west, exit  the 401 at Salem Rd. in Ajax, south to Bayly, east through Lakeridge Rd. to the first street (Hall's), south toward the lakefront. From the east exit the 401 at Brock St./Whitby, south to Victoria, west past Lynde Shores woodlot to Hall's Rd.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby