[Ontbirds]Notes from Quebec visit

GEORGE CANTLIE cantlie at rogers.com
Sat May 10 10:56:54 EDT 2008

Fellow ONTBIRDERS/OFO members may be interested to know that on a brief visit to Laurentian area n. of Montreal (N45degr51min, W74degr),I observed 9 warbler species arrive suddenly in significant numbers bordering a small lake.   Most numerous were Yellow-rumped, as well as multiple individual Bl.throated Blue and Black and White. Also seen were Chestnut-sided, Bl throated Green, N.Parula, Magnolia, Cape May and Common Yellowthroat.   Only the Bl.throated Blue and Yellowthroats were singing - so that most of these were likely still moving north.   I wonder if any of these crossed Great Lakes and then continued northeast, rather than moving up directly north from Vermont.

  George Cantlie