[Ontbirds]Hummingbird--N.Pickering

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Wed May 7 13:31:18 EDT 2008

I forgot to refer to the locale of the Ruby-throated Hummingbird in my report recently.

Betty Pegg has a wonderful feeder set-up in the backyard of her property, on concession 7 (Pickering) at the southwest corner of Concession 7  and Westney Rd.

At present she has regular visits by Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Baltimore Orioles, Am. Goldfinches, House Finches (the Purples have not been seen recently), Chipping Sparrows, among others.

On Sat.May 17 I will be meeting interested people to tour the property, the prime purpose being to study the native wildflowers, but we will sneak in some birding!! You are welcome to join the Pickering and Durham Field Naturalist members as they meet me on this annual morning venture. Park in the Claremont C.A. parking area across the street. I will be at Betty's at 0830--we start formally at 0930.
Let me know by return e-mail if you wish to come.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby, ON