[Ontbirds]Toronto Island - Saturday

Laura Murray laura.murray at osc.on.ca
Mon May 26 12:04:09 EDT 2008

A lovely trip to the Toronto Islands on Saturday, with good weather bringing out some good species.

Right off the Hanlan's point 8:15 ferry, were Cedar Waxwing and SCARLET TANAGER, as well as a few N. Orioles.
Warblers seen right here in the shrubs and trees were many Yellows, American Redstart, many Black Throated Greens and Blackburnians, and  Chestnut  Sided. Following the main path, 2 Blue Gray Gnatcatchers were seen and we saw several Canvasbacks in the Lagoon, and a mystery warbler.

 Nothing was in the shrubs by the lighthouse, so we carried on towards the little church opposite the Farm. Adding to the warbler count were Magnolia, Yellow rumps, Canadas, a Female Black throated Blue, Wilsons, Black and White  and a Common Yellowthroat, as well as more of the warbler spp. we'd already seen.

Laura Murray
Toronto