[Ontbirds]Western Meadowlark - Palgrave

Todd Pepper tandjpepper at cogeco.ca
Mon Jun 23 20:24:37 EDT 2008

I was in Toronto for meetings today and took a side trip to Palgrave on the way home to see if the Western Meadowlark was still around, since there have been no reports since last Thursday. It was still in the same place (directions below) at 2:00 p.m. sitting on the hydro line exactly 300 metres west of the intersection of Hwy 50 and Patterson Sideroad in Palgrave. It was singing as I pulled up on the north side of the road, and it continued with its melodic song about once a minute for the 10 minutes I was there.

Directions from Paul Prior's Western Meadowlark report:
>From downtown Toronto, head north to the end of Hwy 427, turn west on Hwy  7  to  Hwy  50, then head north, through Bolton and on toward the
village  of Palgrave. A couple of miles past Albion Hills Conservation Area,  you'll come to Patterson Sideroad, turn west onto this road and drive  for perhaps 300 metres. Park alongside the meadow and hopefully the  bird  will be singing loudly again, in the meadow to the south of the road.

Todd Pepper
Leamington, Ontario
tandjpepper at cogeco.ca