[Ontbirds]Dickcissel + Marbled Godwit - Saugeen Shores

Maris Apse apsemaris at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 11:05:12 EDT 2008

Hi all,
     We had these birds last Friday -June 20 -  on our way to the OFO Bruce Peninsula FT but have been unable to post until now(got home late Sunday and had to pick up a new van in Exeter yesterday etc).
      At ~17:45, a single female Dickcissel was on the roadside fence, east side of Sideroad J/I  ~600 metres south of Bruce Concession #10. We stopped here on our way home Sunday ~19:30, but could NOT relocate it. We did get an Upland Sandpiper just 2/300 metres further north, both Friday and Sunday evening.
      The Marbled Godwit was in Miramichi Bay at ~18:30 -west of Hwy#21 on Southampton #10 to the lake and a little north. Again we checked for this bird on our way home ~19:00 Sunday but did NOT find it. We did see a Bald Eagle flying with a fish here on Sunday and a Great Egret(presumably both Chantry Island nesters).
       I am posting these observations in case some more local birders are able to check these locations in their travels.
                                                                                                                                     Cheers!  Maris

    P.S. Thanks to Cindy Cartwright and Alfred Raab for leading a great OFO trip with many memorable moments in wonderful weather and good company.
  Maris Apse   10094 Red Pine Road, Box 22,  RR #2 Grand Bend ON  N0M 1T0  (519)  238 - 8415