[Ontbirds]Peregrine Falcons at Burlington Lift bridge

Ken Newcombe kennewcombe at cogeco.ca
Tue Jun 24 12:54:09 EDT 2008

Hi All,

As of 10:30 AM today it appeared that three of the four Peregrine
Falcons had left the nest box. (I was told two flew yesterday). I could
only see one in the nest box though it is possible another is present.
One of them  (Maitland) tagged 43 Y was sitting on the Hamilton tower of
the bridge for well over an hour preening and eying the Rock Pigeons
that would perch within ten feet of the Falcon at times. Both adults
were present but I did not see any feeding while I was there from about
8:30-10:30AM.

The Burlington lift bridge is located at the Burlington canal beside the Skyway bridge. The nest box is high on the Burlington side bridge tower.

Photos: http://kennewcombe.com/recent_images2.html

--
	www.kennewcombe.com
	Ken Newcombe