[Ontbirds]Ottawa: Eurasian Wigeon, Lesser Black-backed Gull

Bruce Di Labio bruce.dilabio at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 27 10:45:56 EDT 2008

Hello Ontbirders
    Yesterday, June 26th at 1:00pm I observed the male Eurasian Wigeon at
the pond on Moodie Drive. It was with a flock of 5 American Wigeon. At the
Trail Road Landfill Site I saw a first summer Lesser Black-backed Gull
feeding and an immature Bald Eagle flew over a few times and flushed the
gulls. Saw my first juvenile Ring-billed Gulls of the season at the landfill
too.
                                                good birding, Bruce

Directions: From Ottawa take Hwy 417 west to Hwy 416.  South on the 416 to
exit 66 (Fallowfield Rd.) Right (west) on Fallowfield to Moodie Dr.  Left
(south) on Moodie, go past Trail Rd. on your left and Cambrian Rd. on your
right until you come to a very large sand & gravel operation on the left
(east) side of the road. ***PLEASE NOTE*** -  do NOT cross the gate to the
sand & gravel operation.  This is private property, and most of the birds
can be well-viewed from the road.
The landfill site is located on Trail Road. There is no access but the gulls
can be viewed from Trail Road just south of the main entrance.

Bruce Di Labio
400 Donald B. Munro Drive
P.O.Box 538
Carp,Ontario,K0A 1L0