[Ontbirds]2 Sandhill Cranes Burritts Rapids SW Ottawa township

SLIMBIRD Gerard gphillips at istar.ca
Sun Jun 29 23:11:36 EDT 2008

Hello Ontbirders,

Of interest to birders in the extreme south west corner of the Ottawa
township perhaps. A pair of Sandhill Cranes were seen again today close to
the road in a large open farm field (certainly the largest anywhere in the
area which I think has soybean in it) located just north of Burrits Rapids
(Dwyer Hill Rd) on the north side of the Rideau River.

I first saw the Cranes with the naked eye last Wednesday 25th in the morning
and later early afternoon. I got a secondhand report today of them being
back in  the same area of the field close to Donnelly Drive  (RT 2) by the
red barns. Cranes are seldom encountered in this area. So best of luck to
anyone interested.

Gerard Phillips,
Merrickville.