[Ontbirds]Brighton Wetland and Lagoon

Rod Lee simkev at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 1 21:23:46 EDT 2008

Hello everyone: This report comes on behalf of me!!

I decided to take a drive over to the platform next to the Constructed
Wetland around 8:20 this evening.  What a treat!  All three Osprey were on
the nest.  Catfish did a fly over the south pond.  Catfish is just a
magnificent looking youngster.  I would say he (forget political
correctness - he) is about 85 to 90% the size of his parents.  He did a
classic Osprey fly around complete with the lower level drop then rising to
the nest.  WOW!!!

There were also at least 24 chatty and aerobatic Chimney Swift vying for the
area above the wetland.  Wonderful!

Hope to see many of you tomorrow.

Maureen

A reminder that the Constructed Wetland is open Saturdays 8:30am until
10:00.  If anyone would like to enter at another time, please contact Rod
and I as we have been authorized (by Tiny) to set up a time with any number
of local birds who have permission to enter the Wetland.

 Directions:  The Constructed Wetland is located at the SE corner of
Brighton.  From Hwy 401, take the Brighton exit 509 (Hwy. 30) and follow
it south into town.  Go south through the two traffic lights, over
the railway tracks and follow the main road, now called Prince Edward
Street, south.  About 1 km south of the tracks, the main road begins
to swing to the left and becomes Cty. Rd. 64.  As this long turn
ends the Constructed Wetlands appear on the right side.