[Ontbirds] White-rumped Sandpipers, American Golden-Plover Rock Point and area

Carol Horner icterus at rogers.com
Sat Aug 23 18:46:40 EDT 2008

Hello Ontbirders

Today Mary Schuster, John Nishikawa and I birded Rock Point and
surrounding area. The beach at Rock Point Provincial Park provided
excellent views of many individuals of nine species of shorebirds:
WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER-4
Semipalmated Plover
Killdeer
Spotted Sandpiper
Ruddy Turnstone
Sanderling
Semipalmated Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Dunlin

At the sod farms along Poth Road we added Black-bellied Plover (many)
and AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER (1).

Directions:
Rock Point Provincial Park is located on the Lake Erie shore  south of
Dunnville. Poth Road runs east off of Hutchinson Rd (65), south of
highway 3 (east of Dunnville).

Good Birding

Carol Horner
Toronto, Ontario