[Ontbirds]Fw: ISRW Sept.10/2008

Mike Williamson mdw49 at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 10 19:35:45 EDT 2008

ISRW HeberDown C.A.
North Whitby,Ontario,Canada
Sept 10/08
----- Original Message -----
From: Alfred Adamo
To: Mike Williamson
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:22 PM
Subject: Re: ISRW Sept.10/2008

Hi Mike,

You missed a juv. Mississippi Kite at 1:50 hawk time right overhead.  Betsy spotted it.  Henry saw it and validated my sketch.  I though it was a Peregrine at first and that is what is marked down in the sheet.  However I compared my sketch to photos at home and that with its flight behavior didn't fit Peregrine.

I think that these kites were pushed up by TS Hanna.

I also missed the RS on the sheet.

We finished at 4 p.m. as the flight appeared to have ended.  Most of the BW had moved well north after 3 pm.

6 hrs. observation time
Counter - Alfred Adamo
Observers:  Betsy Smith, Mike Williamson, Henry Kroes, Jane Smith
Weather:  Light NE, then light SE then moderate SSE winds
0 - 40% cloud cover, 12 - 20C

TV 13
OS 7
BE 5 (imm. 9:52, ad. 12:07, imm. 12:07, imm. 12:15, ad. 2:09)
SS 31
CH 1
BW 1361
RT 4