[Ontbirds]Long-tailed Jaeger at Point Pelee

Michael Tate michaeltate at caregard.ca
Sat Sep 20 20:04:44 EDT 2008

At 8.50am today Alan Wormington and I had a light morph juvenile Long-tailed
Jaeger fly past the west side of the Tip at close range. During this past
week we also saw both Pomerine and Parasitic Jaegers at the Tip.
Unfortunately none of the hoped for "Hurricane strays" appeared. Migrant
ducks are just starting to put in an appearance here but the water levels at
Hillman are quite high and there is no real shorebird habitat.  The good
news is that there is a significantly long Tip that has reappeared over the
last two weeks.

Good birding

Michael Tate

Michael Tate