[Ontbirds]Peregrine at Collingwood Fair

Scott and Wendy Martin / WILD Canada smartin at wildcanada.ca
Sun Sep 21 23:09:00 EDT 2008

This afternoon at approximately 4:00 p.m., a Peregrine Falcon flew low over
the bleachers (at only about 30 feet in height) at the Great Northern
Exhibition fairgrounds between Collingwood and Wasaga Beach.  Apparently, it
wanted to see the smash-up derby.  From its direction of flight, it might
have been heading to see the poultry exhibit next.

I only saw it once, and only for a few seconds, but with the fair in full
swing there was a lot of potential food birds in attendance, so it may stick
around the area.

The GNE fairgrounds are located on Fairgrounds Road, just off Highway #26,
about ½ way between Collingwood and Wasaga Beach.

Scott A. Martin; B.Sc., H.B.O.R., Forest Rec. Tech.
Senior Ecologist / Principal
WILD Canada Ecological Consulting
#75 - 39th Street North
Wasaga Beach, ON   L9Z 2A3
Phn:  705-429-4936
Fax:  705-429-1435
smartin at wildcanada.ca
www.wildcanada.ca

Please remember... Unless we change direction, we are likely to end up where
we are headed!  (ancient Chinese proverb)

Be Green!  Read from the screen.