[Ontbirds]Curlew Sandpiper, Fort Erie - October 8

Carol & Jim burrellsc at golden.net
Wed Oct 8 18:17:14 EDT 2008

Hey Birders,

Mike and I saw the juvenal Curlew Sandpiper at the same spot that its been
seen at 2:30pm today. When we first arrived it wasn't there, however just as
we were thinking about leaving a flock of three shorebirds flew in, 2 Pect's
and the Curlew.

Good birding,

Mike and Ken Burrell

Heidelberg, Ont

burrellsc at golden.net

Directions: Follow the QEW towards Buffalo,USA. Take the Central Ave Exit as
it is the final exit before the USA. Then you want to take a right on
Central Ave, then a right onto Lakeshore Rd. When your driving along
Lakeshore Rd. you will pass the Old Fort Erie historic site on the right.
Just a little past this point on the left you will see a rocky shoreline and
this is where the Curlew Sandpiper is being seen. Parking is tight on
Lakeshore Rd, so parking on the sideroads is suggested (Adelaide).