[Ontbirds]Fw: Avocet - Ajax - Nov 18th

Geoff - Birds avocet at rogers.com
Tue Nov 18 13:57:28 EST 2008

The winter plumaged bird was at Rotary Park in Ajax at 10-11:30 today November 18th. Based on bill shape, I think it's a female .. thoughts - email me privately? Still there when I left ...

Directions:

Exit 401 at Westney Rd and go south to Lake Driveway (Giant Tiger is on your right hand side) - turn right and follow Lake Driveway until just before it makes a sharp left turn - the park is on your right ... follow the lakeshore trail west over a steel and wooden bridge until it turns sharply north ... the bird was feeding on the lakeside of the trail right at this turn.

Geoff Carpentier
Ajax, Ontario