[Ontbirds]California Gull - Port Stanley

Maris Apse apsemaris at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 11:22:59 EST 2008

Hi all,
     I finally had a chance to get down to Port Stanley yesterday afternoon - Nov 19 ~3:30pm - I saw a 'winter adult' California Gull, just to the SW off the west side pier, swimming with mostly Herring Gull and a few Ring-billed Gull.
     A large number of Bonaparte's Gull wer all flying along the east pier/breakwater but I could not pick out the 'reason for my visit' Sabine's Gull being seen last week, despite a good 30 mins of scanning the patrolling 'bonies'.
                                                                                                                                  Maris   Directions: cross the bridge in Port Stanley and take the first street south as far as you can near the large oil storage tank and walk out as far as you feel safe on the icy pier - it was very windy yesterday.
Maris Apse 10094 Red Pine Road, Box 22, RR #2 Grand Bend ON N0M 1T0 (519) 238 - 8415