[Ontbirds]Fort Erie - Rough-legged Hawk; Pintails; Scoters

Marcia Jacklin mjacklin at brocku.ca
Sun Nov 30 15:25:02 EST 2008

Hi
We found a light phase Rough-legged Hawk on Wilhelm Road in Fort Erie (take the QEW, get off at Netherby Rd and head west.. Turn left at Schihl Rd, then right at Forkes Rd E, then left at Wilhelm Rd . the bird was inbetween 2nd Concession and Hwy3.
We also saw 6+ Northern Pintails and 12 Coots in Point Abino Bay (Head south on Wilhelm Rd toward Hwy 3 (Garrison Rd). Travel east on Hwy 3 and turn right at Point Abino Rd. Travel to the end of the road at the lake.
Yesterday we had all three species of Scoter at the parking lot opposite Old Fort Erie. Follow the QEW south toward Fort Erie. Take the Central Ave. exit. Turn right onto Central Ave. Follow Central Ave. south toward the Niagara River. Turn right then follow the road for a short distance to Old Fort Erie.
All the best
Marcie Jacklin
Fort Erie, Ontario