[Ontbirds] A 'Chorus Call' for Marsh and Bald Eagle Monitoring in Niagara, February 28, 2009

Kathy Jones aqsurvey at bsc-eoc.org
Wed Feb 18 09:35:23 EST 2009

A 'Chorus Call' for Marsh and Bald Eagle Monitoring in Niagara, February 28, 2009

Through funding from Environment Canada's Great Lakes Sustainability Fund and the Niagara Community Foundation, Bird Studies Canada and the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority are pleased to host a free one-day Citizen Science Workshop on February 28, 2009 at the Ball's Falls Conservation Area, Jordan, Ontario. Interested citizens can come and learn about the importance of volunteer-based research, and the BSC/NPCA opportunities available in their area. Workshop highlights will include an in-depth introduction to the Marsh Monitoring Program (MMP) (www.bsc-eoc.org/volunteer/glmmp/) and its survey protocols, and a presentation about the Southern Ontario Bald Eagle Monitoring Project (www.bsc-eoc.org/research/speciesatrisk/baea/).

This day-long event will be "bring your own lunch" and will include MMP registration, route assignment, and field training in the afternoon. The workshop is free but pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Cindy Pilkington toll-free at 1-888-448-2473 ext. 122 or by email at cpilkington at birdscanada.org<mailto:cpilkington at birdscanada.org>.

Sincerely,
Kathy Jones
Aquatic Surveys Volunteer and Data Coordinator
Bird Studies Canada
P.O. Box 160, Port Rowan ON   N0E 1M0
Phone: 1-519-586-3531 ext. 124  Toll Free: 1-888-448-2473 ext. 212  Fax: 1-519-586-3532
E-mail aqsurvey at bsc-eoc.org <mailto:aqsurvey at bsc-eoc.org>    Web Page www.bsc-eoc.org

Understand  Appreciate  Conserve

Visit NatureCounts for MMP materials, protocols and forms (www.bsc-eoc.org/birdmon/mmp<http://www.bsc-eoc.org/birdmon/mmp>).

How are your amphibian identification skills?  Contact me for information on the North American Amphibian Monitoring Program online amphibian quiz.

>From time to time, BSC may send you information regarding our programs, special issues, membership, and other correspondence. If you would prefer not to receive this information, please contact us by mail at the address above or e-mail rkirton at bsc-eoc.org. Thank you.

Au cours de l'année, Études d'Oiseaux Canada envoie de la documentation concernant ses programmes, ses activités ou autres. Si vous désirez ne pas recevoir cette information, faites-nous parvenir un message par la poste ou par courrier électronique à rkirton at bsc-eoc.org.