[Ontbirds] Tundra Swans Fisherville area

Larry Staniforth staniforth.larry at rogers.com
Mon Mar 9 09:13:45 EDT 2009

On Sunday, while out with my daughter in the Fisherville/Nanticoke area
I first heard then saw 3 separate flocks of  Tundra Swans.
Total of the 3 flocks was about 200 birds. These flocks were headed
Northwest. Also present were several Bald Eagles all immatures.
At Fisherville we found 5 Short-eared owls. At the overlook at
Nanticoke, there were very few waterfowl present, and the ice had receded
well out into the lake.

Larry Staniforth.
Guelph, Ontario

Directions
Fisherville is located at the intersection of Haldimand Conc. 5, and
Haldimand County Rd. 12. The Short-eareds were
found along Haldimand Conc. 6, west of Haldimand County Rd. 12.