[Ontbirds] King Eider and Horned Grebe at Colonel Sam Smith park, Etobicoke...

Bernie Monette monette at iaai.ca
Wed Mar 11 14:32:43 EDT 2009

Greetings!

It was a nice day for birding. We went to Humber Bay east for a bit and had
some nice views of the Hooded Merganser and Golden eyes. Then we went to
Colonel Sam Smith Park and had some very close encounters with the King
Eider. There were also a pair of companionable Buffleheads. They were in the
easternmost bay of the park.

Also of note were a Horned Grebe and White Winged Scoters.

Cheers,

Bernie Monette

Colonel Sam Smith park is south of Kipling and Lakeshore Blvd. Exit the QEW
at Kipling and go south to the end.

Humber Bay east is at Lakeshore Blvd and Parklawn. East of Colonel Sam Smith
park and south of the QEW..