[Ontbirds] Second Hand report of Western Grebe, returned to Ashbridge's Bay, Toronto - Thur Mar 12

Frank Pinilla fpinilla15 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:20:02 EDT 2009

Folks,

I realize that 2nd hand reports are frowned upon by ONTBIRDS, BUT, for this
bird I think it's worth getting people out to try and see it.  I saw a
report on our local Toronto-area reporting website that the Western Grebe
was seen at Ashbridge's Bay again yesterday.  I've seen the bird (the first
time around) but thought that if there were folks who missed it they might
want to give it a shot.

The bird was seen in the same area as before (off the SE point) and was
swimming about 200m offshore to the west (toward Leslie Street Spit area).

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend to be out & about, so why
not head to Ashbridge's Bay!

Good luck to all!
Frank Pinilla
Richmond Hill, ON

Directions:
Ashbridge's Bay Park is found sourh of Lakeshore Blvd, just east of
the Don Valley Parkway, at the foot of Coxwell.  Park in the marina
parking lot and walk south-east.