[Ontbirds] Brighton Wetlands and Lagoon

Keith Lee keith.lee at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 20 18:57:18 EDT 2009

Hi from Brighton

I will be open Saturday April 25, from 8 AM to 10 AM

This past weekend was the beginning of the 2009 season for
the Brighton wetlands, we did have the usual migrations birds
but no shore birds yet, I have dropped the water level but it may
take some time for the water to come down depending on
mother nature.

Birds this past weekend
Downey Woodpecker,King Fisher,Moore Hens,Northern Shoveler,
Green Tiel,Buffle Head,Osprey,Mallards,Marsh Wrens,Ruddy Duck.
Great Blue Heron,Black birds,Canada Geese, Grackle, Swans, Swallows
Blue Jays and a fly by of a White Egret.

Cell 613-391-9142
Home 613-475-0881
keith.lee(at)sympatico.ca

Directions:  The Constructed Wetland is located at the SE corner of
Brighton.  From Hwy 401, take the Brighton exit 509 (Hwy. 30) and follow
it south into town.  Go south through the two traffic lights, over
the railway tracks and follow the main road, now called Prince Edward
Street, south.  About 1 km south of the tracks, the main road begins
to swing to the left and becomes Cty. Rd. 64.  As this long turn
ends the Constructed Wetlands appear on the right side. Look for the
Wetland viewing sign at the east end of the Wetland.

Keith "Tiny" Lee