[Ontbirds] Spring migrants at Point Pelee - including Hooded and Kentucky Warblers

Sarah Rupert tanager at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 24 12:11:29 EDT 2009

Hi All

Just a quick update from the Pelee front - I will post a full report at the end of the day.

A beautiful male Hooded Warbler was spotted along the Redbud Footpath (off the Woodland Nature Trail, south of the Visitor Centre).  It was seen working with a group of White-throated Sparrows.

Along the West Beach footpath and earlier in the West Beack parking lot, a male Kentucky Warlber was found - I just got back from a quick search for it and did hear it, but didn't get a good look at it.

More details to follow!

Good Birding!

Sarah Rupert

Leamington ON