[Ontbirds] Worm-eating Warbler, other early migrants - Leslie Street Spit, Toronto

Gavin Platt gavin.platt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 13:58:12 EDT 2009

Birders,

Although I can take no credit for it myself, upon my arrival at the Tommy
Thompson Park Bird Research Station this morning (approx. 11 am), I was
amazed to see a Worm-eating Warbler in one of the banders' hands. The bird
was released shortly after my arrival and as far as I know was not seen
again (as of approx. 11:30 am).

There were quite a few other migrants around this morning including: 6
additional species of warblers (Yellow-rumped, Yellow, Black-and-white,
Northern Waterthrush, Palm, Pine), Great Crested and Least Flycatchers, Wood
Thrush and 2 Red-throated Loons.

The Leslie Street Spit (or Tommy Thompson Park) is located at the foot of
Leslie Street in Toronto.

Good Birding,

Gavin Platt
Toronto, ON