[Ontbirds] Ontbirds Message Delays

Mark Cranford [Ontbirds] ontbirds_coord at rogers.com
Sat Apr 25 20:21:48 EDT 2009

Birders

ONTBIRDS has been struggling with an operating system update that has
resulted in delayed message delivery for the past three days.  We appear
to have turned the corner and are now able to send messages out to the
entire list as soon as they are received.

One problem, while attempting to debug the problem I placed all
subscribers on message review.  At this moment there are 2483
subscribers.  Some of the subscribed address send spam to the list which
we block. Over the next couple of days I will be approving addresses
individually starting at the beginning of the alphabet (which happens to
be '1', '2',...'a','b'). I will only approve addresses that I recognize
as safe. Otherwise you will have to wait until I see a legit bird post
from your address.  Once approved future posts will go directly to list.
  This has nothing to do with receiving Ontbirds messages only sending
messages.

If you have an address that I might not recognize like
ontbirds at rogers.com you can help me out by visiting your subscription
page and making sure you have filled out your name.

--

Mark Cranford
ONTBIRDS Coordinator
mark.cranford at ofo.ca