[Ontbirds] Woodcock and Canvasback Leslie Street Spit Toronto...

Bernie Monette monette at iaai.ca
Sun Apr 26 01:18:55 EDT 2009

Greetings!

I was a lovely start at the Spit. For the first time we saw, and
photographed, a Woodcock (usually they just fly away). This was in the area
to the right of the main gate.

Then by the cells we saw two male Canvasback fighting over a female. Nice
views.

Then the storm hit: we saw it come over the skyline. The wind was so strong
it threw up dust and dirt. We just made the car.

Cheers,

Bernie Monette

The Leslie Street Spit is south of Leslie and the Lakeshore.