[Ontbirds] Snowy Egret at Holland Marsh

Doug McRae rdmcrae at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 29 09:15:58 EDT 2009

Hello Ontbirders,

My apologies for not posting this sooner (I was away from my
computer).  While birding the Holland Marsh area yesterday I saw a
Snowy Egret (from the flight view I couldn't eliminate the possibility
of Little Egret, but I would be delighted to be corrected should it
turn out to be that species!) flying around, and eventually landing in
the Holland Marsh on the west side of the Holland River around 11
a.m..  From my vantage it was hard to be certain exactly where it came
down but my best guess is that it is near the south end of the
Provincial Wildlife Area where it meets Line 10, just east of Cty. Rd
4. (roughly 10 km NE of Bradford).

Cheers,

Doug McRae