[Ontbirds] Cape May, Blackpoll and more, Ganatchio Trail, Windsor

Kelly M kelly.morrissey at cogeco.ca
Mon May 18 14:28:35 EDT 2009

A singing, actively foraging Cape May Warbler was right off the
Ganatchio Trail in Windsor when I arrived at noon. It was still there
when I left at 2:00 p.m. I was birding the area across from Sand Point
where there is some playground equipment and a sign announcing the
Carolinian Arboretum. Just a few paces south of that sign is some
playground equipment and behind that is a grouping of 3 tall conifers,
one (slash?) pine and two ?  The Cape May was sticking to the two other
conifers, singing and giving great views.

Continuing along the Little River extension there are willows and other
deciduous trees, where I found Blackpoll, Palm, and Chestnut-sided
within my first 10 minutes looking. Imagine what it must have been like
at dawn!

This park can be accessed from Riverside Drive and you can park in the
Sand Point Beach parking lot.

Good birding,