[Ontbirds] Great Egrets - Reesor's Pond/Northern Monarch Sightings

Donald Davis donald_davis at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 16:01:22 EDT 2009

I took the road less travelled today south from Stouffville on the 10th line/Reesors Road, avoided being stopped by hidden radar operators, and stopped at the pond adjacent to Hwy 407. While I did not have my binoculars with me, I could clearly see two Great Egrets sitting separately on two long narrow spits of mud that extended into the pond. Some waterfowl were also present but too far away to identify.

I would appreciate hearing about any northern sightings of migrating monarch butterflies. A bad year/a late year for all butterflies. Until today, the furthest north I had heard of a sighting was Bracebridge, when a report came in from Sleeping Giant Provincial Park near Thunder Bay. Please report these directly to me, NOT ONTBIRDS, and/or the Google group "Ontario Butterflies".

Thank you

Don Davis
Toronto, ON