[Ontbirds] SHOREBIRDS AT THE GRAND BEND SEWAGE LAGOONS TODAY.

The RIDERS rider at xcelco.on.ca
Fri Jul 17 22:36:36 EDT 2009

Hello Ont Birders.
                                    Usually my notes go to a selected
group, however today was rather special at Grand Bend Sewage Lagoons
situated on Mollard Drive off Greenway Rd  Grand Bend so I thought
that I might share the birding news.

The usual birds were KILLDEER and SPOTTED SANDPIPERS. Recently
augmented by LESSER YELLOWLEGS and BOTH LEAST AND SEMI-PALMATED
SANDPIPERS, but today added to that list were 1 SEMI-PALMATED PLOVER,
1 WHIMBRELand 3 SOLITARY SANDPIPERS.

There are two CANADA GEESE families one MALLARD family and still
several very young WOOD DUCKS.
These Wood Ducks must queue-up for nest sites because there are very
few suitable nest holes available.

Good Birding.
Alf Rider
Forest.