[Ontbirds] RE: Canada warbler at Pinecroft, near Aylmer, Ontario

Earthquest Canada hikersguide at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 22:44:03 EDT 2009

Aug. 28, 2009

Greetings fellow birders:

There was a flurry of activity from fall warblers that moved through Pinecroft today.  The highlights were; Canada warbler, Black burnian warbler and lots of Pine warbler in a mixed species flock with Red-breasted nuthatch and Black capped chickadee.  The Canada warbler was new for the Pinecroft bird species list bring the total up to 115 species compiled since June, 2005.

To get to Pinecroft simply take Hwy #3 toward Aylmer, and drive south on Rogers Rd. S. approx. 1.5 km crossing Conservation Line at the stop sign to the third entrance on the left, or east side of the road.  This is the entrance to Pinecroft, which is a well known Bed & Breakfast, restaurant and tea house/pottery studio.  Our school is also located there and we give bird tours and teach bird courses.

Good birding!
Dave Jolly,
Senior Instructor
EARTHQUEST (Canada) Biological Field School

Senior Biologist/Consultant

EARTHQUEST Environmental Consultants
Rogers Road South
RR#5 Aylmer West, Ontario N5H 2R4